Remcom announces PinBuilder™ electromagnetic model automation for XFdtd® EM Simulation Software. PinBuilder, which automates the creation of pin-field breakout models for XFdtd simulations, will be available in the software later this year.
Remcom partnered with Xema Design Acceleration to enable Xema's PinBuilder application to create complete XFdtd EM simulation models, including high-speed printed circuit board (PCB) layout traces and via geometries for validating critical signal integrity performance. Model generation with PinBuilder helps minimize return loss, insertion loss, and crosstalk within the pin-field of SerDes, memory busses, analog signal routing, and similar high-speed digital PCB designs.
Benefits to design engineers include:
- Proactively create high-speed PCB layouts that are correct by design.
- Generate several candidate models with PinBuilder, run EM simulations, and identify critical issues before committing to layout.
- Detect problematic channels before PCB fabrication and assembly.
- Improve the utilization of the available PCB technology such as routing channels.
- Achieve informed decisions when selecting PCB and connector technologies for specific SerDes implementations.
About Remcom: Remcom provides innovative electromagnetic simulation software and consulting. XFdtd, the company’s full wave 3D EM solver, simplifies the analysis of complex EM problems and leads the market in FDTD-based modeling and simulation. Remcom’s products are used for antenna design, bio-EM effects, MRI, microwave circuits, RFID, military and defense applications, EMC/EMI, and more. Remcom is committed to its customers’ unique needs, offering flexible licensing options for installations of all sizes as well as custom engineered solutions.
About Xema Design Acceleration, LLC: Xema offers leading-edge high-frequency signal integrity, RF, and microwave design solutions with a special emphasis in automating the build of CAD engineering models. With more than 30 years of signal and power integrity design experience, Xema assists engineering teams facing shorter design cycles for next-generation systems having increasingly higher data-rates and more aggressive cost/performance targets.
315 South Allen St., Suite 416
State College, PA 16801